A Century of Reliable Customer-Oriented Service
For almost 125 years, Silicon Valley Power (SVP) has provided exemplary, award-winning electric service to customers in Santa Clara, and now we extend the same reliability to telecom carriers and commercial customers navigating high-speed communications markets.
In 2000, SVP developed its 145 conduit mile dark fiber backbone as an efficient and dependable way to link the electrical substations that serve the community. The fiber backbone was overbuilt to allow the city to act as a wholesale provider and lease dark fiber within the City of Santa Clara.
The SVP Dark Fiber Enterprise Program and its dedicated professional fiber team serve:
- Business and institution sectors throughout the City of Santa Clara
- Co-locations to the proximity of local exchange data center central offices
- Key data centers within Santa Clara
- Long distance points of presence (POPs)
SVP is responsible for installing network attachments and maintaining the backbone throughout Santa Clara. In addition, we:
- Provide underground and aerial routes to attachment points to minimize construction costs
- Help secure independent network attachments
- Coordinate network planning and implementation efforts
- Provide splicing, termination, and test results